SKIPS Sustainable School Programme
The Sustainable School Programme is a 6 module seminar programme for Head Teachers, Business and Finance Managers, Site Managers and Teachers, designed to educate and achieve immediate resource productivity gains and to generate immediate savings in resource cost for the independent school. Less is more.
This bespoke training programme delivered to a wide range of faculty and administrative staff at the school targets the following objectives for the commissioning Independent School:
• Generates immediate savings on the school energy bills
• Educates around key areas of sustainability (resource efficient practices) in school operations
• Offers simple tools to engage every school member to act – everyone can easily make a difference – a whole school approach
• Links “sustainable practices” to fun, exciting activities and resource material
• Introduces practical follow up actions at end of each module
• Offers recognition of achievements and will accredit Sustainable School Status
• Applies an award winning seminar programme
What will the Sustainable School Programme mean for your school?
In our experience this school-based, school-wide seminar programme will generate at least 10% cost savings on the school’s energy bill with behavioural change alone regardless of the size of the school (this reflects Carbon Trust statistics). These cost savings increase significantly if, for example, further resource adaptions are introduced such as LED light fittings.
The Sustainable School Programme:
• Has been designed to generate energy cost savings for your school and increase sustainable school practices with a package of guided, expert support. The programme links key themes of sustainability to help you focus on cost savings and reduction of your carbon footprint;
• Will guide to act on reducing your school’s carbon footprint from the main sources of carbon emissions;
• Offers a structure for specific actions towards sustainability in a whole school approach which will be supported by learning workshops on key topics of environmental sustainability; and
• Engages the entire school community, educationally and practically – pupils, Head Teachers, Business and Finance Managers, Site Managers and all other staff, so that purposeful learning results in action, and meaningful actions result in learning.
The Seminar Modules
The seminar will be carried out in 6 bespoke workshops at your school to staff members in a mutually agreed schedule. You can also opt to commission the seminar programme together with another school (designated by you).
The introductory workshop will outline the programme objectives and provide a global perspective on the necessity of sustainable practices. Subsequent workshops will be themed and will render practical advice and curricula support, including teaching resources for pupils covering the range of environmental sustainability for schools. At the end of each workshop the school will submit evidence forms (demonstrating actions on prior action plans), formulate an action plan on the specific sustainability objectives explored in the work shop and act thereupon.
The series is divided into the following modules: Introduction; Energy saving and Water; Sustainable Transport; Road Safety and Healthy Eating; Waste Management and Recycling; Biodiversity and Growing Projects; Summary and School Assessment
The final summary and assessment workshop aims to support you in identifying your key actions (past, present and future) and to collate supporting evidence required to compile and submit for the final school assessment. It will allow for reflective analysis of the entire programme and will identify areas in need of further supportive action. The school will then submit evidence for completed and pending/planned action programmes and we will consider tangible measurable outcomes achieved or expected to be achieved. Schools that complete the programme successfully will be issued with a certificate accrediting Sustainable School Status.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (or call her on 020 7487 9610) to request an Information Pack and discuss a bespoke seminar at a school visit.