The Clean Air Cops training equips teachers the knowledge and the confidence to teach their children why clean air is important, the dangers of polluted air to our health, and to our environment and food supply and to recognise what polluters are, what we can do to help reduce air pollution in school, by making greener travel choices, and what we practise in the home and at play.
The homework books are toolkits to take messages to parents and engage them with this serious subject and to persuade them to start walking more and using their cars less and so support the learning of their children.
- Children will know why clean air is important.
- The dangers of polluted air.
- What they can do to help reduce air pollution in school, in the home and at play.
- To develop questioning techniques, ideas and critical thinking around air pollution.
- Raise awareness of the global issues related to air quality.
- To develop the knowledge of pupils of the importance of reducing air pollution.
- To help children know what they can do to reduce pollution choosing different modes of travel.
- To know why clean air is important.
- To recognise pollution makers.
- To be able to make greener choices of travel which help reduce air pollution.
- How to make the air cleaner locally.
“I will use these effective ideas in my role as PSHE Coordinator to plan within own action plan and incorporate ideas for delivery in lessons.”
Teacher, Mere Green Primary School.
Please contact us if you would like more information on this module and the next up and coming training days.